The College of Criminal Justice's Department of Forensic Science is rich in history yet heavily geared toward the future. The Forensic Science Department offered Texas' first accredited Master of Science in Forensic Science degree and continues to make strides in the field today.
Our program is accredited by the Forensic Science Education Programs Accreditation Commission (FEPAC) and gives students the flexibility to tailor a degree toward their interests and professional goals.
Our graduates have placement rates of over 90% in forensic laboratories and research positions across the nation. Students
utilize campus resources such as the latest scientific equipment
found in crime labs and the Southeast Texas Applied Forensic Science Facility - one of only a few "body farms" in the nation.
From the laboratory to the courtroom and everything between, we have the tools you need to build a career in forensic science.
Why Forensic Science at SHSU?
- Rigorous core curriculum with a multi-discipline approach
- Flexibility to tailor the degree to your specific needs and goals
- Faculty with real world experience
- State-of-the-art facility located centrally on campus
- Access to scientific equipment found in crime labs
- Intensive hands-on graduate teaching laboratories
- Internship program with strong ties to accredited crime laboratories, offering a wide range of disciplines and geographical locations
- Independent research with experienced forensic science faculty
- Proven post graduate success
For our Fall 2014 semester, we are accepting applications until December 31. Visit our admissions page to see the requirements of our program and start building your future today.